PUBG LABS: Challenger Battle Royale
PUBG Corporation announced a new event, which will be held from March 10 to 16 in PUBG Labs. The event is called Challenger Battle Royale - it's an analogue of the hardcore mode, in which players have to fight each other without the help of the interface (available only the health bar and the map without any marks on it) and with double damage from all types of weapons.
The first shot (warning shot) of a red rocket will signal the blue zone (the place where the rocket flew will be the center of the circle). Three shots from the rocket means that the narrowing phase of the circle has begun. The blue zone itself will deal the standard amount of damage.
In this turn of Labs, on-screen UI is minimal to enhance immersion in this unique Challenger Battle Royale mode, upping the stealth experience with an eerie dusk setting.
Ready to run to the safe zone?
Sanhok at sunset, you are wandering through the jungle forest alone. As time goes by, the anxiety of being attacked at any time increases. Right now, you don’t have a clue of where and how many enemies are out there.
The UI you used to rely on in typical play situations, such as the compass, mini-map, ammo, kill feed, and alive player counter, is not displayed. The lack of familiar information makes you even more focused on your vision and hearing.
At that very moment, a flare is fired, indicating the circle’s center and brightened the world around you. From the east, you feel the presence of someone, another survivor that you didn’t want to encounter. It seems that the other survivor has not yet recognized your existence. Would it be worth killing the opponent while exposing your location at this time? It’s up to you to decide.
Once the flare is fired three times, it is a sign that the Blue Zone is closing in, which means you can’t just sit there. You can’t afford to waste any more time. You have to decide and move quickly to the center of the circle.
Can you become the ultimate survivor in Sanhok after sunset?
In this Challenger Battle Royale mode, the damage of firearms, melee weapons, and throwables are doubled in order to shorten time-to-kill.
The Blue Zone does the normal amount of damage to players and moves at the same speed and timing as normal Battle Royale matches.
- A single red Flare signals the Warning phase
- The Safe Zone is identified
- Occurs at the center of the new circle
- The Flare does not light up the area
- Occurs when the new Blue Zone is determined
- Visible until the Blue Zone starts to move
- Three consecutive red Flares signal the Closing Phase
- Three Flare sounds
- Flare lights up the surrounding area
- Occurs in the center of the safe zone
- Occurs when the Blue Zone starts to move
- Visible flare until the Blue Zone stops
- Flare in the same position as the single warning phase flare
- No Player HUD (boost bar, Blue Zone backpack bar, no mini-map, no compass, no ammo counter)
- The player’s health bar will be shown
- No player count
- No kill feed
- No kill counter
- “M” (Default) brings up map, but the map does not display player markers, the Blue Zone display, or any other markings
- No changes to the inventory menu
- No ping messages
After completion of maintenance on March 10th/9th.
- PST: March 9 – March 15, 11 AM
- KST: March 10 – March 15, 4 PM
- CET: March 10 – March 15, 8 AM
- PST: March 9, 9 PM PST – March 15, 11 AM
- KST: March 10, 2 PM KST – March 15, 4 PM
- CET: March 10, 6 AM CET – March 15, 8 AM
- FPP, TPP
- Solo Mode
- Players have the normal amount of health
- Dusk weather/lighting
- Bullet Tracers are enabled
- Up to 100 players in each match
Notes When Playing in LABS
- LABS gameplay does not provide XP for gameplay rewards
- LABS gameplay does not be applied to your Career stats
- LABS gameplay does not count for your Survivor Pass missions
- LABS gameplay provides BP, but no additional rewards
The ultimate intense Challenger Battle Royale, dare to be the last one standing!
From Sanhok with love,