Pan throwing guide
PlayerIGN Streamer and Dataminer tested a new feature that allows you to throw cold steel in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Can flying pan block bullets? Can I hit my opponent with a ricochet? How much damage does the frying pan inflict when it hits the head? Answers to these and other questions can be found in the new PlayerIGN video with a brief overview of the new mechanics. Here's what it says in the 5.1 patch description:
- You can now use all melee weapons as a throwable tool to attack your enemies.
- Multiple melee weapons now stack in your inventory, allowing you to carry multiple at once.
- There are two different melee damage categories when thrown.
- Machete, Crowbar, Sickle: The maximum throwing distance is 40m and damage will decrease from 75 to 25 based on the distance.
- Pan: The maximum throwing distance is shorter than other melee at only 30m but the damage range is 90 to 40 based on distance.
- To inflict the most damage, you must hit within 15m. Damage will begin to drop off from 15-30/40m distance.
- From within 15m distance, one melee throw to the head can kill enemy players without helmets.
- Press RMB while holding a melee weapon and then press LMB to throw.
- A trajectory arc will be shown when aiming, like with grenades.