War Mode coming to custom games
War Mode is a deathmatch analogue currently available exclusively for custom servers, you can watch the gameplay on the videos below.
The official announce by the dev team:
We’re working on a new experiment with War Mode on custom servers. It’s currently in a very early stages of development, so if you’re able to access custom games, we’re eager to have you play and let us know what you think! We’re looking into bringing War Mode to live servers as an Event Mode (but it’ll likely see changes between now and then).
Custom games and servers are still limited for now, but we intend to release them more widely at some point in the coming months. We’ll let you know when it’s ready.
As always, thanks for playing! Find more details on War Mode below:
War Mode is a death match type game mode that allows respawning. As soon as you jump into the game, the safe area (White Zone) will immediately be set; if you die you will be respawned at certain time intervals.
- The goal is to obtain 80 points and the default is a 4 player squad
- The match ends if an individual or a team gets to the target score first or if time runs out. BP rewards will be given out when the match ends
- Ranking will be determined based on scores earned
- DBNO: + 1 point
- Revive: + 1 point
- Team Kill or Team DBNO: -5 point
- Kill: + 3 points
- Respawn method: player reenters the match area via respawn airplane
- Default respawn interval: 60 seconds
- Main weapon setting for default respawn: SMG provided as main weapon for close quarter battles
- Care Package
- The care package aircraft will fly over every 60 seconds. The composition of the air drop is the same as in the regular game.
- Safe Zone
- By default, the safe zone is static. This (and many other settings) can be tweaked in custom games.
Many players have been asking the developers to grant them ability to practice in combat game aspects, now it would be much more easier to practice your skills with such a game mode. Probably this would be the next event after Tequila Sunrise is finished.