PUBG LABS: Halloween Battle Royale
With only a few weeks before the ancient ghost-chasing Celtic festival of Samhain – yes, Halloween – we want to drop a little surprise into your candy pockets. First of all… do you remember Fantasy Battle Royale? Fantasy Battle Royale was first released as an experimental “prank” mode for April Fools’ Day, but the popularity of the mode was so explosive that the service was extended for another week!
So for this Halloween, we’ve decided to resurrect last year’s Fantasy Battle Royale from its legendary ruins and polish it into a spookier version and name: PUBG LABS is back with Halloween Battle Royale!
Are you ready to charge into the spine-chilling Battlegrounds?
What is Halloween Battle Royale?
Players will be asked to transform into their preferable class, aboard the Ghost Ship (yup, not a plane!), jump down into Erangel’s darkness, and fight to be the last one standing. Pretty easy, huh? It’s the same old battle royale but you’re all simply placed in a fantastical setting. Let’s now take a look at Halloween Battle Royale’s basic rules and features.
- Players can enter Halloween Battle Royale mode by pressing the LABS banner in the main lobby.
- Once matchmaking is done, a window will pop up where players can choose to be either an Executioner, Ranger, Pyromancer, or Cleric.
- Players will have time to choose their class in the pre-game lobby; they can also bring the class window back up by pressing F8 for PC or X for Console.
- The first circle will be shown on the map once players hop on the Ghost Ship.
- At the same time, players will be equipped with their respective class’s Level 1 weapon, ring, and necklace.
- Players will have to loot ingredients to upgrade their weapons.
- Fight foes with your class skills, show great teamwork with your squad, and win Halloween Battle Royale.
Halloween Battle Royale Classes
Now’s the time to introduce the four different classes: Executioner, Ranger, Pyromancer, or Cleric. Since there are no limits to the number of a certain class in a single squad, teammates should get tactical and put their heads together to think about what combination they could come up with.
However, keep in mind that each class requires its own exclusive ingredients to grow stronger! Therefore, it would be efficient to share loot among different classes, but it’s obviously not the best to share the loot you would need if your squad is made up of four Executioners.
Another important note: once players upgrade their Level 1 weapons to Level 2, they can choose between two different types of weapons. Each weapon has different skills so make sure to craft and wield wisely! But do not fear; players can switch between the two weapons in every upgrade stage.
“I’m here for the SLAUGHTERFEST!”
An Executioner is your classic melee warrior that can chase down or pull enemies in for brutal combat.
- Default Weapon: Axe of Swiftness
- Executioners can dash towards enemies.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Halberd of Restraint
- Executioners can pull in enemies within a certain area.
Executioners also generate class-exclusive items throughout the game.
- Stun Ball: Stuns enemies for 2 seconds.
- Liquid Courage: Enhances moving speed and boosts HP for a certain amount of time.
“Always stay alert. I might come for you from atop the trees, the thickest undergrowth, or from right behind you.”
A Ranger can either become a sniper who deals damage from afar or a stealthy assassin that dives in for a sneak attack.
- Default Weapon: Fatal Crossbow
- Powerful long-range weapon.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Blade of Invisibility
- Short-ranged melee weapon that allows Rangers to turn invisible for a certain amount of time.
- Attacking enemies from behind or during an invisible state will apply more damage.
Rangers also generate class-exclusive items throughout the game.
- Snare Trap: Rangers can set up traps and root enemies for 5 seconds.
- Stun Grenade: The same old stun grenade.
“Aah… the smell of burning flesh.”
A Pyromancer specializes in assaulting multiple enemies at once with deadly fire.
- Default Weapon: Gloves of Calamity
- Allows Pyromancers to attack with Fireballs.
- Deals great damage but is difficult to wield.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Hellfire Cannon
- Can fire infinitely.
- May overheat and be unusuable for a certain amount of time if continuously used.
Pyromancers also cast spells throughout the game.
- Firewall: Generates large firewalls to block the enemy’s path.
- Meteor Shower: Generates powerful meteors. This can only be activated when the Pyromancer’s necklace is Level 3 or above.
“I’m not a nice doctor; BLEED to HEAL!”
A Cleric is an aggressive healer that can lock in melee combat.
- Default Weapon: Mace of Suffering and Aegis of Light
- The Mace of Suffering is a melee weapon that causes enemies to bleed for a certain amount of time.
- Using the Mace of Suffering on teammates will restore their HP.
- The Aegis of Light blocks crossbow attacks.
- Alternate Weapon (Craftable from Level 2): Triage Shotgun
- Shooting teammates will restore their HP.
- Shooting enemies will debuff them and cause slight damage.
Clerics also generate class-exclusive items throughout the game.
- Vitality Bomb: Restores HP.
- First Aid Kit: Healing item that can be shared with teammates.
Items and Crafting
- Halloween Battle Royale has its own set of items spawned throughout the map, so players won’t be finding any weapons, ammo, throwables, boosts, or equipment.
- However, bandages will spawn.
- The items that players will find will mostly be ingredients to upgrade weapons, rings, and necklaces.
- Each class-specific weapon, ring, and necklace given to the players at the beginning cannot be dropped or traded.
- Players can open the crafting window by pressing Tab.
- The looted ingredients are used to upgrade players’ weapons, ring, and necklace.
- Players can right-click to upgrade craftable items (which will glow up).
- Since each class has two weapons, players will be shown two weapon-crafting routes.
- Each class’s Level 1 weapon is set as default but starting from Level 2, players can choose to craft to either of the two weapons (Ex. Players can craft a Executioner’s Level 1 Axe to Level 2 Axe OR Level 2 Halberd).
Treasure Chests (Care Packages)
Treasure falling from the sky! The care packages will be looking like Treasure Chests in Halloween Battle Royale.
- Treasure Chests contain general and Level 5 crafting ingredients.
- Dropped Treasure Chests will be marked on the map.
- Players will have to damage the Treasure Chest to open it.
- The squad that successfully opens and interacts with the Treasure Chest is given an invincibility buff for 10 seconds.
- Instead of normal vehicles and planes, Halloween Battle Royale will only have the “Night Slayer” UAZ and Ghost Ships.
- Vehicles’ speed and HP were nerfed in this mode to prompt more dynamic gameplay.
PUBG LABS: Halloween Battle Royale will be open during the following period.
- PC & Console
- PDT: October 19, 10 PM – November 1, 12 AM
- CEST/CET: October 20, 7 AM – November 1, 8 AM
- KST: October 20, 2 PM – November 1, 4 PM
- Map: Erangel
- TPP Only
- 20 Squads of 4 (Max. 80 players per match)
- Halloween Battle Royale only supports 4-Man Squads
- It will automatically find teammates for you if you’re not a full squad
Notes When Playing in LABS
- LABS games do not provide XP or gameplay rewards
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on the Career page
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on Match History
- LABS gameplay will not count towards Survivor Pass missions
- LABS gameplay does not support replay