PUBG LABS: Zone tag
A whole new way to play PUBG is coming to LABS!
In Zone Tag, players will compete to gain and keep possession of a ball that spawns into the match. From this point on, the entire blue zone will center on the player holding the ball, bathing them in a pillar of light and following them until they are knocked and the ball is dropped. All players in that squad also benefit from an unlimited boost gauge! If not held by any player, the ball will seek an eligible target nearby or begin making its way towards Pochinki in the center of the map, dragging the Blue Zone with it until it is picked up again.
This mode is meant to be fast and furious, so land vehicles will spawn at every possible point on the map, are invulnerable to weapon damage and tire puncture, and provide players with unlimited ammunition while inside. Your gun will still have a capacity and require a reload when empty, but reloading it will not consume your ammo stockpile.
Once phase 6 of the game begins, the ball will disappear and the circle’s location will be set. From this point on, zone settings will be like any other match and squads will have to battle it out to be the last ones standing.
A few more quick notes on the rules; water, the small islands around Erangel, some generally inaccessible rooftops, and ferries are all no bueno. Entering one of these restricted areas will automatically detach the ball and players in these areas are not considered eligible targets for it to attach to. Players will also receive damage just by entering the water, so keep those boots dry as you plot out your route.
A detailed breakdown of the rules can also be found below. LABS: Zone Tag will be available from February 9th – 15th for PC and from February 23 – March 1st for Console. This is something pretty different for us, so drop in and let us know what you think! Get the ball, fend off your attackers, and set up your own end circle to finish off any who remain in Zone Tag!
- The Ball spawns on a random player at the start of the match.
- The Ball drags the center of the circle along with it wherever it moves.
- The Ball grants special visual effect to the carrier.
- All players in the carrier’s squad receive a full boost.
- The player with the ball will be lit up by a pillar of light visible starting from 100m distance.
- The Ball cannot be manually dropped or passed, but will drop automatically if a player is knocked, killed, or enters a restricted area.
- When not attached to a player, The Ball will slowly rise into the air for 5 seconds or until it is no longer blocked by a structure.
- The Ball will then seek a new eligible target within 30m and begin to home in on them.
- If no eligible target is found, The Ball will remain stationary for 15 seconds before it starts to move towards the center of the map.
- A system message will appear for all players when The Ball is dropped or picked up.
- “The Ball” drags the center of the circle along with it wherever it moves.
- There are still circle phases, which shrink the circle and increase damage.
- At Phase 6, the Ball disappears and the center of the circle is locked until the end of the match.
- Entering a Restricted Area will detach the ball and make players ineligible to receive it.
- Restricted Areas include:
- Small islands off the mainland
- Inaccessible Rooftops and High Ground
- Player who steps into water with a ball will receive damage and have the ball detached.
- Land Vehicles will spawn at every possible spawn point on the map.
- Boats and the Motorglider will not spawn.
- All vehicles are immune to weapon damage and cannot have their tires punctured.
- However, we cannot guarantee damages from crashing into objects!
- Spike traps are not spawned.
- While inside a vehicle, reloading weapons will not deplete your ammo reserve.
- Zone Tag will be available in LABS on both PC and Console during different times.
- PC: February 9th – February 15th
- Console: February 23rd – March 1st
- Erangel- Sunny
- TPP & Sqaud Only
- 1-man Squad mode is also available.
- Minimum number of players: 40(PC) / 32(Console)
- Maximum number of players: 100 (PC/Console)
- The ball has blocked all access from bots. No bots will be available in this mode.
Notes when playing in LABS
- LABS games do not provide BP or XP for gameplay rewards.
- LABS gameplay will not be applied to Career.
- LABS gameplay will not count for your Survivor Pass missions.