Team Deathmatch in PUBG: renewed War Mode review
The game developers have significantly improved War Mode by adding the option of revival on the ground in the 5.1 update. Now it is essentially a classic Team Deathmatch mode, in which two teams are fighting each other.
In War Mode (Platoon battle option) and War Mode: Conquest, there was no movement path or front line created, even though these modes are about 1:1 battles between two teams. Because spawning from the plane made it difficult to play strategically, we’ve added an option that allows you to spawn right from the ground without parachuting, and to be respawn on the ground after death.
- Choosing “Platoon Battle” in the battle scale option, players will be spawned on the ground by default.
- There are now 4 options provided for respawn types, including the original ‘air dropping’ option. Here are the 3 newly added options:
- Death location
- Option that respawns you on the location you died after a certain amount of time.
- Starting location
- Option that respawns you on the preset starting location a certain amount of time after you die.
- Selected respawning location
- Option that respawns you on the selected location after you die. The location can be selected at any time during gameplay from the starting location / teammate / the occupied location.
- If the selected occupied location goes unoccupied and thus becomes unselected, the respawn location automatically changes to the closest occupied location or the starting location.
- If the selected teammate dies and becomes unselected, the respawn location automatically changes to the starting location.
- Only Official PUBG Partners can create games with these new presets, so please enjoy the new spawning rules with your favorite PUBG Partners!
- Respawn time can be set as you want in the option.
PlayerIGN has shown what War Mode looks like with a new revival option on the ground: