Changes to Bonus/Gift Code Policy
Here's another brick in the wall by the PUBG developers - after all player trades have been banned the was a huge disappointment in the community, and now there's another brick in the wall. All codes for items have now an expiration date and are doubtedly to be sold now, all the details in the official announce.
PUBG has been generating various codes for cosmetics items since March of 2017 and over 5 million item codes have been distributed globally through events and promotions.
Distributed codes have historically had no expiration date, which has lead to cases of codes not being used for their intended purpose, or otherwise being exploited/abused. Therefore, in the coming weeks, we will be deactivating certain existing item codes to prevent further abuse and facilitate a healthy item economy.
These changes will also allow us to continue offering players opportunities to obtain item codes through events and promotions well into the future.
Code deactivation is conducted in accordance with the "Bonus / Gift Code Policy" specified in [Operational Policy].
Please check the details below for code deactivation schedule and to review applicable codes.
※ Codes will no longer be redeemable after deactivation.※ For those who possess item codes obtained for free, please make sure to read this announcement in detail.
9. Bonus/Gift Code (“Code”) Policy
1) PUBG may provide Codes to allow customers to redeem and use skins, including costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents (Collectively, “Contents”) either as free of charge or as paid Contents through approved affiliate companies or directly from PUBG. “Free Code” means PUBG grant customers Codes without any charge, which are used for promotional and marketing purposes. If customers obtain Codes after participating an event and/or a tournament, we still consider these Codes as Free Codes.5) Free Codes have an expiration date of 3 months after they have been issued, and customers cannot redeem Codes if they are expired.[Deactivation Schedule and Codes subject to Deactivation]
- Code redeemable until: 23:59, Sunday, April 25 (Tentative) (KST)
- Code deactivation as of : After Monday, April 26 (KST)
- Codes subject to deactivation
Codes subject to deactivation can be identified by the first 4 characters of the serial number.
For example, all codes that start with P153 as the prefix are subject to deactivation, which means P153-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx is subject to deactivation.
All codes with the following prefixes are subject to deactivation (you can quickly search the prefix using Ctrl+F):
Please review the instructions below if you have an existing code you wish to redeem before the deactivation date.
- P040, P042, P043, P044, P045
- P049, P050, P051, P052, P053, P054
- P080, P081, P083, P084
- P087, P089, P090, P091, P092
- P112, P113, P114, P115, P116, P117, P118, P119
- P122, P124, P126, P135, P138, P139, P140
- P144, P145, P146, P147, P148
- P150, P151, P152, P153, P154, P155, P156, P158
- P160, P161, P162, P163, P164, P165, P166, P167, P168
- P173, P174, P175, P176, P177, P178
- P182, P183, P184, P185, P186, P187
- P190, P191, P197, P198, P199
- P201, P202, P203, P204, P205, P206, P207, P208, P209
- P210, P211, P212, P213, P214, P215, P216, P217, P218, P219
- P220, P221, P222, P223, P224, P225, P226, P227, P228, P229
[How to redeem codes]
Open PUBG > Store > Items > Add Bonus/Gift code
Thank you for your understanding.
- PUBG Corp.