Upcoming Changes to Flare Guns
Since the flare gun has been presented to the community 1 year ago it has been constantly a subject to discuss between the developer team and the community. However there is still no balance in this option & there is going to be another round of rework.
Flare Guns were added to public matches a few weeks ago and since then we've received lots.. and lots of feedback. In general, players for the most part enjoy the concept and action they can add to the mid-game, but many players are unhappy with the initial implementation.
We've heard your feedback and will be making changes to the implementation of Flare Guns in an upcoming update scheduled for live servers March 27th. We'll be first putting the changes on the Test Server March 20th.
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Flare Gun feedback thread here on the forums, or shared feedback with us across any of our channels.
So, what changes are we making?
- The volume of incoming air planes delivering special care packages is being reduced.
- Total number of Flare Guns spawns across all maps is being reduced.
- For Squad matches, the amount of loot inside special care packages is being reduced.
- Map icons and on-screen text alerting players to incoming special care packages is being removed.
- You'll of course still hear and see the flares being shot from far across the map, no changes there.
This is our first pass on Flare Gun changes since their implementation on live servers and the changes set out to directly address the main points of concern players in the community have had. Please let us know what you think down below in the comments.
We'll of course continue to further iterate, listening carefully to player feedback and make changes that best suit our players and the unique BR experience PUBG provides.
Thanks for all of your feedback so far! We look forward to sharing more specific information about these changes in the patch notes, once the update arrives on the Test Server, March 20th.