Miramar hits consoles May 24
Wonderful news for all console owners - the long awaited desert map Miramar is ready to hit the Battlegrounds. The brightest thing about it is that it has half a year of constant development and optimization behind its shoulders, the PC players were fed with the raw map on release. Earlier the devs promised to release the map in May.
We’re back with the final round of testing before Miramar comes to live servers on May 24th!
We appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports we have received so far. As you can see from the patch notes below we have made changes based on that feedback, as well as fixing bugs which were reported in the previous tests.
Please continue to give us your feedback and report bugs on the Xbox section of our forums.
Servers can go down for maintenance at any time. If that happens, check our support Twitter or this post for info.
Friday, May 18, 8am PDT / 5pm CEST
Servers will be open until Miramar comes to live servers on May 24th. PTS will be available during the live server maintenance.
All queues include both Miramar & Erangel
Solos, Duos, and Squads (TPP/FPP for each)
Optimization / Stabilization
- We have modified world loading processes, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time.
- Miramar requires additional work to bring it to the same level of optimisation as Erangel.
- Optimized shadow in certain situations to reduce crashes.
- Option of turning off Aim Acceleration has been separated, and the slider that sets the acceleration degree has been changed from 0~10 to 1~10.
- Settings tab order has been changed.
- Name and description of “Control Setting” has been modified.
- Slider range of the “Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier” has been adjusted to 50%–150%.
- Vehicle and weapon spawns have been increased on Miramar.
- Fixed bug where vertical movement speed wasn't representative of settings chosen.
- Fixed an issue where inverted control settings were being applied to the emote UI.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes messed up movement while aiming down sights in third person perspective (it was happening when aim acceleration was turned off).
- You can now freelook while automatically swimming forward in water
- Fixed an issue preventing some teammates’ map markers from showing on the compass
- Sights should no longer become blocked while in ADS position after attaching high-magnification scopes
- Fixed a problem preventing weapon display UI colorblind mode from being applied properly
- Fixed the description of the “Auto Swim” button in the gamepad guide
- Fixed some problems preventing interacting pop-ups from functioning properly in certain situations
- The in-game UI was sometimes failing to update when reloading a firearm to indicate freed up inventory space
- The interaction key sometimes failed to show when certain actions were performed in front of a door
- Emotes can no longer be used while preparing to throw grenades
- Fixed the problem causing over-the-shoulder views to sometimes lock up when opening the emotes UI
- Fixed the problem wherein turning off BGM in the lobby setting window didn’t work
- Fixed the problem preventing players from changing seats in vehicles
- The emotes UI no longer improperly displays on the victory screen
- Improved situations where other player’s motorcycle will look as if it was going under the terrain while driving.
After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.