6.3 update is now available for console users
Tonight during the console live server maintenance 6.3 update has been installed. Every console player is now up to date with the current version of the game. Check the changelog below:
Update 6.3 is coming to live servers and we’ve got some big updates coming your way. We’re dropping the much teased Panzerfaust onto Karakin, prepping the 3rd Anniversary skins for their end-of-the-month giveaway, rebalancing some weapons including one formerly only found in Care Packages, and summing it all up with some bug fixes and quality of life improvements including the much requested change to invincibility in Team Deathmatch. All this and more in Update 6.3! Read on for all the details.
Live Maintenance Schedule:
PDT: March 25 10:00PM – March 26 0:00AM
CET: March 26 6:00AM – 8:00AM
Live maintenance schedule may change. We will update you if there are any changes made.
Note: There will be no PUBG Test Server update for Console Update 6.3.
New Weapon: Panzerfaust
We’ve been sneaking the Panzerfaust into our Season 6 videos since the start, but we’re finally putting the boom tube into your hands! While a powerful AoE damage tool on the Battlegrounds, there are some drawbacks to picking the Panzerfaust up. First of all, it takes up a primary weapon slot, limiting your options on the diverse terrain of Karakin. The projectile travels pretty quickly, but can be dodged by the attentive player. There’s also a backblast area behind the Panzerfaust, so watch out for those squadmates before you go firing it off.
- Karakin exclusive
- Uncommon world spawn found across the map
- Guaranteed to be in every airdrop
- The Panzerfaust warhead explodes upon impact, but can also be blown up mid air
- The damage radius is 6m from the point of impact
- The explosion can deal splash damage through thin walls and objects, up to a short distance
- Can be used to breach specific walls on Karakin, much like the Sticky Bomb
- The warhead will explode mid air, before impact if damaged by explosions or shot by a bullet
- One time use
- Once the warhead is fired, the Panzerfaust tube will be discarded and cannot be picked back up
- Firing the warhead produces a backblast, so be careful!
- The backblast damages those within a 3m zone behind the weapon
- Be careful you don’t have any teammates, or a wall too close behind you. You’ve been warned.
- Zeroing options at 60, 100 (default) and 150 meters
Weapon Balance Changes
As we near the end of the season, we’re also doing a little balance shuffle on a few weapons. The Tommy Gun has been weak for a while, so we’re adding a sight slot for red dots and holos and upping damage, the M249 is moving from Care Packages to normal loot but is also losing a little damage and getting a bit more recoil, and the UMP-45 was nerfed a little too hard with the switch from 9mm, so we’re giving it some love across the board. Take a look below for all the changes.
- Stronger and more versatile. You can now also attach Red Dots and Holos to your Tommy.
- Added upper rail to attach Red Dot and Holo Sights
- Increased rate of fire from 700 to 750
- Increased firing accuracy
- We’ve reduced the bullet deviation penalty when firing for an extended duration
- Increased moving accuracy
- Decreased recoil when firing for an extended duration
- This is due to the increased rate of fire
- Removed from Care Packages and added to normal loot on ALL maps Can now take more attachments but is tougher to control and does less damage.
- Added Stock attachment slot
- A Tactical Stock can be equipped to improve weapon stability
- Added Magazine attachment slot
- Reduced standard ammo capacity to 75
- Now holds 150 with an extended mag
- Decreased base bullet damage from 45 to 40
- Increased recoil
- Found on ALL maps
- Semi-rare spawn
- An increase in power across the board, making the UMP a more viable choice for your arsenal.
- Increased base bullet damage from 39 to 41
- Increased rate of fire from 650 to 670
- Increased muzzle velocity from 300 to 360
- This means an increase to the speed at which bullets leave the barrel, making it a bit easier to track moving targets.
- Removed from Care Packages
- Now found on ALL maps as rare ground loot
Dev Note: Due to community feedback, we’re changing some of our initial plans. The M249 will be available on ALL maps as uncommon ground loot, as will the DBS which has also been removed from Care Packages.
Alongside these balance changes, the M249 and Tommy Gun models and firing sounds have been updated.
‘Console QOL: 1st Controller improvement’ on Preset A
- On PresetA, while holding Aim/ADS, you will keep your Aim/ADS even if you take an action such as falling, jumping, crouching or prone.
- Example) When moving while holding ADS, you fall down the hill or under the building:
- Before: You must release the ADS button and hold it again
- After: You will continue to hold your ADS as soon as the falling action is finished
Dev Note: After the 5.2 update last of ‘Console QOL: 1st Controller improvement’, we’ve received feedback to apply this on PresetA as well. Here we brought into Preset A! Thank you for using well of our updated features and hope this deployment provides enjoyable play experience.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Improved visibility of nearby items on the ground by enhancing the glowing effect and adding a new pulse effect
- The new pulse effect can be disabled and is listed as “Item Flashing Effect” under Gameplay settings
- [Team Deathmatch] Invincibility will now be removed instantly when engaging in combat (firing a weapon, throwing grenade etc.)
- [Team Deathmatch] Now Rich Presence will let your Xbox friends know when you’re fragging in TDM
- Added additional ringtone for the Sticky Bomb
- Low volume humming sound can now be heard while within 10~15m from Blue Zone
- This should help players identify when the Blue Zone is getting close
Survivor Pass: Shakedown
- The 3rd track of Survivor Pass missions has been unlocked! The new missions follow an explosive theme
- The current season of both the Survivor Pass and Survival Title System will end on April 24 PDT 2am / April 24 CEST 11am
- Last two weeks before the pass ends, there will be a countdown on the Survivor Pass lobby banner notifying players of the pass end date
- A pop-up message will be displayed to users purchasing Premium Pass, alerting them of the time left until pass end
- Premium Pass and Level-up items can be purchased until the Pass period ends
- Result page will be shown from April 24 PDT 2am / April 24 CEST 11am until maintenance on April 28
Dev Note: We have extended the Survivor Pass end date by three days due to the previous mission unlocking issue.
- Karakin is now available in Custom Matches
- Added Esports mode presets
- Default preset
- Normal BR settings with Esports vehicle spawns
- 2020 Global Rule settings
- Please use the following link for more in-depth details on the 2020 Esports Ruleset. Please note that we only provide English version. (2020 PUBG Esports Global Ruleset EN ver.)
- Erangel classic won’t be available in custom match
- ‘KillerSpectateMode’ is now enabled for Normal Mode and Esport Mode custom matches.
- Sticky Bombs can now be found in Training Mode
- Miramar has been temporarily removed from regular matchmaking due to frequent game crashes on this map
- Fixed the issue with location of teammate’s character not synchronized with observer’s display in certain situations
- Fixed the issue with the gun firing sound becomes muffled when spectating.
- Fixed an issue where weapons could clip with a character when using Victory dance 14 emote
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to complete “Earn a kill with a sticky bomb” missions when killing a DBNO player with a sticky bomb
- Fixed an issue where a character could use a bandage without holstering their weapon
- Fixed an issue where the wrong cinematic trailer is shown for the 2nd community mission reward
- Fixed the issue with ‘Round 3’ message constantly displayed and round not starting in Team Deathmatch
- Fixed the issue with the name of Victory dance 12 emote not displayed properly
- Fixed the issue with Team voice chat not working when player comes back to lobby after entering XBOX app setting screen after joining party in lobby.
Skin & Item
- Fixed the issue when wearing PlayerUnknown’s trench coat, the waist clips with the coat
- Fixed the issue with all glasses & mask items not being displayed when equipping Golden Dragon Traditional Cap
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Killer Clown’ costume clipping with certain weapons and blocking the players sight while ADSing
- Fixed the issue with BlackZone siren and explosion sounds are too loud.
Survivor Pass Mission
- Fixed the issue with being able to accomplish the mission ‘Reach top 10 after earning a kill with QBZ/AKM’ in certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the in-game mission list was not being displayed in public matches after playing in game modes that don’t count towards survivor pass missions.
- Fixed an issue where the `Explosive` mission list is displayed abnormally and not able to be completed.