PUBG Development Update & Erangel Visual Update Test Server
Finally the long teased Erangel update in on its way.
First off, we want to thank you for such an amazing year so far. The first half of 2019 has flown by quickly, but certainly has not seen the last of the exciting updates we have planned for PUBG. We’ve been hard at work on some of the great new updates we talked about earlier in the year, and wanted to take a moment to go over the development direction for all of our platforms in the coming months. Below, you’ll find an important message from TS Jang, Executive Producer and Head of Development at PUBG. He will guide you through our vision for the game and some of the exciting things we’re working on, including information on how you can help test the update to our beloved Erangel map.
Erangel Visual Update
For the past few months, we’ve been sharing our plans to bring our very first map, Erangel, up to the same level of polish as our more recent maps. We started way back in March with an initial balance of loot and followed it up more recently with a full loot pass. We’re excited to finally give you a sneak peek at some of the other improvements we’ve had in the works.
With this test, you’ll see new building styles, more realistic scenery and terrain, some new and changed areas within the map, and test settings for an updated Blue Zone.
As with previous stages of the Erangel update, these changes will be rolled out on the Test Server first, allowing players to get in, test map stability, check out all the updates, and provide their feedback before this hits live servers later this summer.
Detailed plans for the Test Server operation are as follows.
PC Test Server Availability: 6/6 8:00 p.m. – 6/11 8:00 p.m. (PDT)
- Operation plans by phase
- Phase 1: 6/6 8:00 p.m. PDT ~ 6/8 8:00 p.m. PDT (48 hours)
- Partner Custom Matches only
- Only the updated Erangel and normal Custom Match mode are available
- Only official PUBG partners from each region can create Custom Match sessions, but all players can join the lobby to play
- Phase 2: 6/8 8:00 p.m PDT ~ 6/11 8:00 p.m PDT (72 hours)
- Public and Partner Custom Matches available
- Only the updated Erangel map is available. Quick Join is also available.
- Squad mode only. FPP only in North America and TPP only on Asia servers.
- All players can participate
When Phase 1 begins, the partners listed below can make the session and you can join the custom match rooms. Look out for your favorite streamers below and jump in for a game!
Phase 1 PUBG Partners for NA/EMEA/LATAM
As mentioned above, this test will feature some new Blue Zone settings we’ve been working on to help Erangel feel more up-to-date based on emerging playstyles and tactics. These settings are experimental and subject to change based on your feedback. Test details for the Blue Zone balance are as follows:
Changes to Erangel’s Blue Zone for Testing (applied on the test server during the test period only)
- Blue Zone timings are faster throughout the match.
- Blue Zone delay is reduced in the earlier phase.
- Size of the safe zone is reduced in the earlier phase.
- Blue Zone speed is reduced in the early & middle phases.
- Blue Zone damage is slightly increased in the later phase.
- Blue Zone delay is reduced in the last phase.
We are excited to finally be able to share our work with you and look forward to your feedback on this new take on our classic map. This update will be available on PC and consoles by late summer this year. More information and specific plans will be announced at a later date.
We know Erangel is a beloved part of PUBG that stirs up passion among our players. Rest assured, we’ll make every effort to keep Erangel feeling like the map you fell in love with while bringing it in line with how players enjoy PUBG today. As always, we look forward to your invaluable feedback and we hope you enjoy the Erangel Visual Update and Blue Zone changes.
–The PUBG Team