PUBG Global Series 1 Tournament Details
With the regional series wrapped up, the world's finest teams are preparing for the next battle to come. Read on to learn more about the first Global event of the year!
PGS 1 Tournament
The PUBG Global Series 1(PGS 1) is PUBG Esports' global-level offline tournament with a total of 24 global teams.
The 24 participating teams will include the top 16 teams from each regional series and 8 Global Partner teams.
The tournament will take place from April 27th to May 7th at Battle Arena Malaysia located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The tournament session will be a closed session open only to the PGS 1 participants.
All matches are expected to start at 18:00 MYT / 19:00 KST / 17:00 ICT / 12:00 CET / 02:00 PST.
PGS 1 begins its journey with a Group Stage. The teams will be fighting for a better chance to advance to the Grand Finals.
- Prior to the Group Stage, teams will be divided into THREE groups: Group A, B, and C.
- Each group will compete against other groups over 3 days of the Group stage.
- Day 1: Group A, B
- Day 2: Group B, C
- Day 3: Group C, A
- Each day of the Group Stage will consist of 6 matches.
- Based on the outcomes of the total Group Stage results,
- The top 16 teams will be placed in the Winners Bracket.
- The bottom 8 teams will be placed in the Losers Bracket.
Winners & Losers Bracket
Teams move on to the Winners & Losers Bracket where they fight for their tickets to the Grand Finals.
- The Winners Bracket consists of 12 matches over 2 days.
- The rewards for the winners of the group stage are huge. The top 8 teams in the Winners bracket will be granted a seat directly to the Grand Finals. The remaining 8 teams will be placed into the upcoming Losers Bracket for another chance.
- The Losers Bracket consists of 12 matches over 2 days.
- The Losers Bracket will contain the bottom 8 teams from Group Stage and the bottom 8 teams from the Winners Bracket.
- Only the top winning half will advance to the Grand Finals.
- The remaining bottom 8 teams will be eliminated from the tournament.
After a day of break, 16 teams will be testing their limits at the final battle for the ultimate chicken dinner.
- The Grand Finals will take place over 3 days with 6 matches per day.
- The top team to be ranked in first place once the final match is complete will be declared the grand champion of the PUBG Global Series 1.
Only the top 16 teams of the tournament will be granted with PGS points in both PGS 1 & 2.
- Only the top 4 teams with the most PGS points from PGS 1 & 2 will grant tickets to the PUBG Global Championship.
- The PGS point system is an independent point system.
- PGS points are not added to the PGC points acquired in Regional tournaments.
The total prize pool of the PGS 1 starts with $500,000 which will be distributed to the participating teams by their final results of the tournament.
- The Final rankings will be decided based on the final placements from the Grand Finals.
The PGS 1 tournament will run with our super ruleset v3.0.5 one last time before we move on to synchronization with the ranked mode. The tournament will take place on patch #22.2, featuring two classic maps, Erangel and Miramar, along with the addition of two new weapons, the MK12 and ACE32, to the weapon spawn table.