LABS: Intense Battle Royale Mode
The new Intense Battle Royale mode is here to dip you into an extremely fast-paced and heated battlefield – whip out your weapons, engage in n team fights in a smaller arena and achieve that Chicken Dinner!
To celebrate our first service day of LABS: Intense Battle Royale, we’ve also prepared a light event that’ll grant you some Workshop gifts so check out all the details below!
Introducing Intense Battle Royale
Intense Battle Royale is a fast-paced, mini battle royale LABS mode sustaining all the essential factors of our traditional battle royale system.
We’ve simplified several factors to reduce play time by a bunch – looting, long-distance traveling, number of enemies, and more. With these factors minimized, players will be able to focus more on the usual battle royale’s late-game intensity right off the bat and aim for the top among the other squads.
We’ve utilized the current battle royale system to create a continuous adrenaline rush in Intense Battle Royale. Since there’s always room for more improvements in this new mode, we’ll be actively monitoring and implementing your feedback so that we can continue to provide an enjoyable gameplay experience. Enjoy Intense Battle Royale and let us know what you think!
- Maximum number of starting players: 16
- Map: Designated areas of either Erangel, Miramar, Taego, or Deston.
- Safe Zone: Starts out with a similar size of the Normal Match’s Phase 3 circle.
- Be warned, the number of players may cause the Safe Zone to be restricted faster!
- Plane: Players will automatically drop from the plane once the plane reaches the edge of the Safe Zone.
- Specific Zones such as the Red Zone, Blizzard Zone, etc. will not be activated.
- The balance adjustments for weapons/vehicles/maps in Normal Matches will apply to this mode.
Items and Vehicles
- Starting Items
- Armor and equipment: Helmet (Level 2), Vest (Level 2), Backpack (Level 3)
- Weapons: An AR, SMG, and DMR/SR weapon crates will be available in your Inventory. Open the crates to receive random weapons of each type.
- Throwables: Smoke Grenades, Stun Grenades, Frag Grenades, Molotov
- Heal/Boost items: First Aid Kit, Energy Drink, Painkiller, Bandage
- Vehicles will randomly spawn.
- Care Packages will be dropped throughout the match.
- Supply Drops holding random items will also spawn on the map.
LABS Service Schedule
Intense Battle Royale will be available through the LABS banner in the lobby during the period below. Intense Battle Royale will regularly make its comeback through LABS even after its first service period, so stay tuned!
- PST: January 17, After live server maintenance – February 14, 4:30 PM
- CET: January 18, After live server maintenance – February 15, 1:30 AM
- KST: January 18, After live server maintenance – February 15, 9:30 AM
- PST: January 25, After live server maintenance – February 22, 8 PM
- CET: January 26, After live server maintenance – February 23, 5 AM
- KST: January 26, After live server maintenance – February 23, 1 PM
- Map: Erangel, Miramar, Taego, or Deston.
- TPP Only
- 4 Squads of 4 (Max. 16 players per match, min. 13 players)
- 1-3 Man Squads available
Notes When Playing in LABS
- Intense Battle Royale will be available in Custom Matches starting from #22.1 Update (February) so enjoy the new mode even more with your friends!
- LABS games do not provide XP or gameplay rewards.
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on the Career page.
- LABS gameplay will not be reflected on Match History.
- LABS gameplay will not count towards Survivor Pass missions.
Prove your worth through Intense Battle Royale and take home rewards.
How to Participate
- Every player will be automatically participating in this event during the event period.
- Access the Intense Battle Royale lobby through the LABS banner in the lobby.
- Play and win Intense Battle Royale.
Missions and Rewards
- Win 1 Match of Intense Battle Royale to receive one Hunter’s Chest and a Key.
- After the event period, rewards will be automatically granted to players who have successfully completed the event.
※ The time and dates below are subject to change.
- PST: January 17, After live server maintenance – January 31, 1 AM
- CET: January 18, After live server maintenance – January 31, 10 AM
- KST: January 18, After live server maintenance – January 31, 6 PM
- PST: January 25, After live server maintenance – February 8, 1 AM
- CET: January 26, After live server maintenance – February 8, 10 AM
- KST: January 26, After live server maintenance – February 8, 6 PM
- This event is available for every region and PC/Console platform.
- Matches playedin Intense Battle Royale mode only will be counted.
- Rewards will be automatically delivered to your account by February 10 UTC (PC) / February 17 UTC (Console).
- Unexpected issues may cause a delay in reward deliveries.
- You can receive the rewards only once per account.
- Please make sure to participate within the event period to receive rewards.
- Matches played by abusing an unexpected in-game bug and/or through other unfair methods will not be counted.